Aldo Starker Leopold Wild Trout Award:
Application Deadline: July 15, 2017
The Aldo Starker Leopold Wild Trout Award in the Non-Professional category is presented to an individual for outstanding contributions to the protection and conservation of wild trout resources.
A qualified nominee would be avidly involved in any or all of the following aspects of wild trout conservation:
- Educational activities (mentoring, etc.)
- Raising awareness of wild trout issues and conservation
- Support for agency conservation activities (e.g. fund raising, volunteering time, etc.)
- Nominee's affiliation and contact information (i.e. address, email, phone number)
- Your (the nominator's) contact information and relationship to nominee
Nominations are to include the following items:
- Synopsis of the contributions of this person to the conservation of wild trout resources;
- Description of influence these contributions have had on the local, regional or national efforts concerning raising awareness of wild trout and conservation of these resources
- One additional supporting letter (at minimum) must accompany the nomination. This letter can come from another non-professional in the conservation or from agency personnel working with wild trout management, conservation or research. The letter must address the quality and scope of the nominee's accomplishments and contributions.
Nominees must attend the symposium.
Nominations should be submitted electronically as a .pdf or .docx attachment to:
Steve Moore, Awards Committee Chair